Fellow of the European Board of Vascular Surgery
In order to apply the FEBVS Examination you must fulfil the following criteria:
- Be in possession of a CCST/CCT (Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training / Certificate of Completion Training) or equivalent certificate in Vascular Surgery or General Surgery (in countries where Vascular Surgery is not an independent specialty) issued by the relevant body governing the legal CCST/CCT from countries with rights of full members of the UEMS or UEMS associated countries.
- Only for The Netherlands and Switzerland, be eligible (within 6 months of application) for a valid national CCST/CCT or equivalent certificate in vascular surgery or general surgery and must provide a signed confirmation by 2 trainers (in English). Please note that if you pass the Examination, your certificate will only be given when you send us the CCT/CCST.
- Only for Candidates of non UEMS countries: Training Programme (in English).
2. COMPULSORY DOCUMENTS
2.1 New Application
- Evidence of nationality (clear copy of passport or ID)
- Birth certificate or equivalent documentation
- CCST/CCT or equivalent certificate in vascular surgery or general surgery
- Letter from the approved National Vascular Society (in English) confirming your CCST/CCT
- Application Form
- Logbook (here)
- Training Programme (non-UEMS countries)
- Clear Photo
- Receipt of payment (first instalment)
- The first payment of 400,00€ should be pay on the application moment. This fee is not refundable, even if the Candidate withdraw the application.
- The second payment of 400,00€ will only be done when confirmed the acceptation to the Examination and it will be asked by the office.
2.2 Re-sit the Examination
In case of re-sitting, please note that:
- you can only apply 6 months after the last Examination
- you need to submit the application on the link below and select the type “Re-sitter”
- you need to upload the logbook updated and the receipt of payment.
- Payment is the same as a new application.
Success in the UEMS Section and Board of Vascular Surgery examination and award of the FEBVS does not offer or imply any recognition of the candidate for surgical practice in UEMS countries, nor does it offer or imply that any training received outside of a recognised training programme in UEMS countries is equivalent to vascular surgical training for the purposes of recognition as a specialist in UEMS countries.
3. NEXT FEBVS EXAMINATION
14th October 2021
The actual pandemic situation we’re living and having the safety and health of Candidates and Examiners at the top of our priorities, took us again to this exceptional decision regarding the format of this FEBVS Examination. It’s inevitable to be online.
Some exceptional criteria will apply for this FEBVS Examination in October:
- Candidacies will be open from 05th to the 31st July 2021.
- Priority will be given to all the Candidates were accepted for March and June 2021 but had no place to sit the Examination.
- After these, the New Candidates applications for October 2021, by order and with complete application (all the compulsory documentation as well as the payment receipt by the deadline).
- Applications that do not meet the deadlines above will not be considered.
Please consult here the structure of this Examination.
4. FEBVS STRUCTURE AND USEFUL INFORMATION
5. APPEALS PROCESS
6. REVISION COURSES
The UEMS Vascular Examiners are not allowed to organize or participate in any FEBVS revision courses, this is to ensure that we remain a truly independent organization, which aims to produce a reliable and reproducible examination.
The UEMS Vascular Surgery does not sanction or recommend any revision courses organized by external bodies prior to the exams in either September or March. There will be NO current examiners at any of these courses.
The FEBVS Exam should be taken at or around the award of a CCT in Vascular Surgery from the country you trained in vascular surgery. As such, you will have had sufficient experience to sit the FEBVS examination.
8. How to become a FEBVS Examiner?
- Being a European Citizen
- Have the FEBVS Title
- Must have 5 years experience as Consultant
Examiners Application Form and submission process available here