Fellow of the European Board of Vascular Surgery
In order to apply the FEBVS Examination you must fulfil the following criteria:
- Be in possession of a CCST/CCT (Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training / Certificate of Completion Training) or equivalent certificate in Vascular Surgery or General Surgery (in countries where Vascular Surgery is not an independent specialty) issued by the relevant body governing the legal CCST/CCT from countries with rights of full members of the UEMS or UEMS associated countries.
- Only for The Netherlands and Switzerland, be eligible (within 6 months of application) for a valid national CCST/CCT or equivalent certificate in vascular surgery or general surgery and must provide a signed confirmation by 2 trainers (in English). Please note that if you pass the Examination, your certificate will only be given when you send us the CCT/CCST.
- Only for Candidates of non UEMS countries: Training Programme (in English).
2. COMPULSORY DOCUMENTS
2.1 New Application
- Evidence of nationality (clear copy of passport or ID)
- Birth certificate or equivalent documentation
- CCST/CCT or equivalent certificate in vascular surgery or general surgery
- Letter from the approved National Vascular Society (in English) confirming your CCST/CCT
- Application Form
- Logbook (here)
- Training Programme (non-UEMS countries)
- Clear Photo
- Receipt of payment (first instalment)
- The first payment of 400,00€ should be pay on the application moment. This fee is not refundable, even if the Candidate withdraw the application.
- The second payment of 400,00€ will only be done when confirmed the acceptation to the Examination and it will be asked by the office.
2.2 Re-sit the Examination
In case of re-sitting, please note that:
- The maximum number of attempts to sit the FEBVS Examination is 4.
- Timeline to apply for re-sit:
- On a 1st time failing, the Candidate can only submit an application to re-sit 6 months after the first Examination date.
- On a 2nd failure, Candidate can only apply for the 3rd application to re-sit 1 year after the date of the 2nd attempt.
- On a 3rd failure, Candidate can only apply for the 4th and last application to re-sit 2 years after the 3rd attempt .
- It’s necessary to submit the online application on the respective link and select the type “Re-sitter”
- It’s mandatory to upload the logbook updated with the last procedures and the receipt of payment.
- Payment is the same as a new application.
Success in the UEMS Section and Board of Vascular Surgery examination and award of the FEBVS does not offer or imply any recognition of the candidate for surgical practice in UEMS countries, nor does it offer or imply that any training received outside of a recognised training programme in UEMS countries is equivalent to vascular surgical training for the purposes of recognition as a specialist in UEMS countries.
3. NEXT FEBVS EXAMINATION
29th June 2023 – Porto, Portugal
- Candidacies will be open from 09th February until 02nd March 2023.
- Result of application will be informed until the 15th March.
- Priority will be given to all the Candidates that submit the online application, by order of submission, and with complete application (all the compulsory documentation as well as the payment receipt by the deadline).
- Applications that do not meet the deadlines above will not be considered.
Please consult here the structure of this Examination.
4. FEBVS STRUCTURE AND USEFUL INFORMATION
5. APPEALS PROCESS
6. REVISION COURSES
The UEMS Vascular Examiners are not allowed to organize or participate in any FEBVS revision courses, this is to ensure that we remain a truly independent organization, which aims to produce a reliable and reproducible examination.
The UEMS Vascular Surgery does not sanction or recommend any revision courses organized by external bodies prior to the exams in either September or March. There will be NO current examiners at any of these courses.
The FEBVS Exam should be taken at or around the award of a CCT in Vascular Surgery from the country you trained in vascular surgery. As such, you will have had sufficient experience to sit the FEBVS examination.
7. AWARDS CEREMONY
- Gold Medal
- FEBVS Examiners can apply to being consider as:
- Gold Examiner – 20 Exams
- Platinum Examiner – 30 Exams
- Application form here (please fill and send it to the office)
8. How to become a FEBVS Examiner?
- Being a European Citizen
- Have the FEBVS Title
- Must have 5 years experience as Consultant
- Having 15 years experience as Consultant
- Add your CV on the application
Examiners Application Form and submission process available here
9. FAQ’s – FEBVS Examination
Please find here the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the FEBVS Examination.