Fellow of the European Board of Vascular Surgery
In order to apply the FEBVS Examination you must fulfil the following criteria:
- Be in possession of a CCST/CCT (Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training / Certificate of Completion Training) or equivalent certificate in Vascular Surgery or General Surgery (in countries where Vascular Surgery is not an independent specialty) issued by the relevant body governing the legal CCST/CCT from countries with rights of full members of the UEMS or UEMS associated countries.
- Be eligible (within 6 months of application) for a valid national CCST/CCT or equivalent certificate in vascular surgery or general surgery and must provide a signed confirmation by 2 trainers (in English). In this case, please note that if you pass the Examination, your certificate will only be given when you send us the CCT/CCST.
- Training Programme – for Candidates of non UEMS countries (in English).
2. COMPULSORY DOCUMENTS
2.1 New Application
- Evidence of nationality (clear copy of passport or ID)
- Birth certificate or equivalent documentation
- CCST/CCT or equivalent certificate in vascular surgery or general surgery
- Letter from the approved National Vascular Society (in English) confirming your CCST/CCT
- Application Form
- Logbook – Download Logbook to Maastrich 2019
- Training Programme (non-UEMS countries)
- Receipt of payment (first instalment)
- The first payment of 400,00€ should be pay on the application moment. This fee is not refundable, even if the Candidate withdraw the application.
- The second payment of 400,00€ will only be done when confirmed the acceptation to the Examination and it will be asked by the office.
2.2 Re-sit the Examination
- In case of re-sitting, you need to submit the application on the link below, select the field “Re-sit”, and just need to upload the receipt of payment. The fee for re-sit is 400,00€.
Success in the UEMS Section and Board of Vascular Surgery examination and award of the FEBVS does not offer or imply any recognition of the candidate for surgical practice in UEMS countries, nor does it offer or imply that any training received outside of a recognised training programme in UEMS countries is equivalent to vascular surgical training for the purposes of recognition as a specialist in UEMS countries.
3. NEXT FEBVS EXAMINATIONS
09th March 2019 – Maastricht
- The next Exam will take place in Maastricht, The Netherlands, on 09th March 2019.
- Application Form available and Candidacies open from 01st October to 30th November 2018.
- Please note that we have a limited number of places. Priority is given to the ones that sent all the compulsory documentation as well as the payment receipt by the deadline.
- Applications that do not meet the deadlines above will not be considered.
- More information available soon
4. FEBVS STRUCTURE AND USEFUL INFORMATION
5. APPEALS PROCESS
6. REVISION COURSES
The UEMS Vascular Examiners are not allowed to organize or participate in any FEBVS revision courses, this is to ensure that we remain a truly independent organization, which aims to produce a reliable and reproducible examination.
The UEMS Vascular Surgery does not sanction or recommend any revision courses organized by external bodies prior to the exams in either September or March. There will be NO current examiners at any of these courses.
The FEBVS Exam should be taken at or around the award of a CCT in Vascular Surgery from the country you trained in vascular surgery. As such, you will have had sufficient experience to sit the FEBVS examination.
8. How to become a FEBVS Examiner?
- Being a European Citizen
- Have the FEBVS Title
- Must have 5 years experience as Consultant
Examiners Application Form and submission process available here